True vintage splendor…so often you see these in pink and red cabbage rose patterns; these violet purple tone roses are much more elusive. This beauty is a statement piece, with large, showy tonal cabbage roses practically covering a white cotton groundcloth.
This vintage chenille bedspread is original to the late 1940s era and is not one of the later reproductions that were typically a cotton blend base & tufting. She is not perfect (who would be after over a half century?) but she displays beautifully and is such a precious chenille treasure.
– approx 92″ x 102″
– shown on high twin bed, best fit on standard/full bed
– 100% cotton, soft lighter weight groundcloth typical to the era
– noted a few age spots, unsurprising given age of this beauty
– this is a bold busy pattern so it’s possible i may have missed something – always expect a true vintage linen to show natural attributes of age such as small marks, pinholes, etc.
– need more photos? just ask; we have plenty 🙂
– all vintage textiles will show attributes of age/previous life
– items laundered/stored near fragranced products
– combined shipping available; overages over $1 refunded