see more: cottagedivine.com
A hard-to-find, heartwarming vintage poetry sampler ready for you to embroider…full text of this beautiful poem by Alice E. Allen is below if you’d like to read it.
– “My Mother’s Garden” Paragon Stitchery Kit, #0916
– Designed by Sara Gutierrez
– graceful, intricate hummingbird & butterfly designs
– teeming with absolutely stunning florals & woodland goodies like mushrooms
– fits 16″ x 20″ frame; not included
– this is a stitchery kit; it is not a completed embroidery piece.
– combined shipping available; overages over $1 refunded
My Mother’s Garden…
Her heart is like her garden,
Old-fashioned, quaint and sweet,
With here a wealth of blossoms,
And there a still retreat.
Sweet violets are hiding,
We know as we pass by,
And lilies, pure as angel thoughts,
Are opening somewhere nigh.
Forget-me-nots there linger,
To full perfection brought,
And there bloom purple pansies
In many a tender thought.
There love’s own roses blossom,
As from enchanted ground,
And lavish perfume exquisite
The whole glad year around.
And in that quiet garden-
The garden of her heart-
Songbirds are always singing
Their songs of cheer apart.
And from it floats forever,
O’ercoming sin and strife,
Sweet as the breath of roses blown,
The fragrance of her life.