If you’re a collector of vintage chenille, you know this type of bedspread is one of the most challenging to find in anywhere close to good condition. These were often loved to death and the few relics that remain are typically very thin and worn with holes, lots of missing tufts & such.
Not this beauty. It is one of the surviving original frosted cake designs in 100% cotton, with a good strong weight to it. This bedspread is not a later era reproduction with cotton blend or all acrylic tufting – she is original to the mid-50s era.
Fresh white bkgd is tufted over with swirls, twirls & whirls of white curlicue chenille, accented by sweet single pink tonal flower blooms forming a darling array atop the entire spread.
– FULL size; approx msmts: 92″W x 102″L
– no manufacturer tags present
– photos taken on a high twin bed
– 100% cotton groundcloth & tufting; excellent quality weight
– few minor skips to the chenille and a few age spots such as shown; fabric remains strong
– all items laundered/stored near fragranced products
– in vintage, pre-loved condition; expect attributes commensurate with age/use as noted above
– combined shipping available; overages over $1 refunded