A significant contrast to the more common, bold & kitschy later era peacock chenille bedspreads, this showstopper is sheer Victorian style elegance…
Ideal for the collector of antique linens, this piece dates to the late 1930s or early 1940s. It’s markedly different from later era chenille in that it features the early traditional cotton sheet material as a groundcloth, which was then tufted over with the chosen design.
If you study the handiwork of this piece, you’ll notice that the peacock tail feathers feature a multi-dimensional appearance courtesy of two heights of pops that were tufted to give a more realistic appearance.
Given the antique nature of this piece, we recommend very careful laundering – do not use an old school washing machine with a central agitator – many a vintage linen has been destroyed unintentionally this way. We only use HE style newer machines which often have a “delicate” or preferably a “handwash” cycle. An even safer alternative is handwashing.
– FULL size/approx msmts: 86″W x 100″L
– shown on a high twin bed in room w/ bright natural lighting
– 100% cotton groundcloth & tufting; fresh white on deep wine, not cream or off-white
– lightweight base cloth – like a vintage sheet
– in great pre-loved vtg condition having attributes typical of age/previous life
– there are a few scattered age spots, wear to upper right bottom corner, and a few missing pops
– all items laundered/stored near fragranced products
– combined shipping available; overages over $1 refunded